Monday, March 14, 2016

Letters to Ryan: You're Missing It Sweetie

You're missing it Sweetie.

I don't know how many times this thought has crossed my mind recently: You're missing it.

You're missing Buddy learning to roo regularly. I'm trying to encourage on command "Are you hungry?" now as we'd always planned. You'd love teasing him and encouraging him but you're missing it.

You're missing the little things I want to share with you. Conversations over recent politics. You're missing me coming home after volunteer orientation at the Thinkery. Telling you about how I'm excited for it and how I saw so many dads with their sons and daughters and how I couldn't wait to see you in that setting. I'm missing being able to come home and be excited about that opportunity with you; I'm missing coming home to you to share these things.

You're missing Buddy beginning to grey. You're missing my birthdays and yours. You're missing opportunities for me to spoil you and you're missing the comfort and reconciliation after an argument - the chance to learn and grow together.

You're missing the every day stuff. The hugs, kisses and hand holding. Helping you out of your boots or into your fleece. You're missing the evening cuddles and me falling asleep on your lap watching movies. You're missing sharing wine on our beautiful afternoons recently and eating home cooked meals together. You're missing rainstorms and you're missing the flowers blooming again this year.

You're missing me missing you.

Always yours,
Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment