Monday, March 16, 2015

Zebra Amongst Horses


As an extension of what not to do/say:

A very awesome person, who my Every Day really loved, asked if I also got the stop-and-stare and go-the-long-way-around-when-they-see-you-coming recently around other people. He went through work getting sidestepped and pity stares.

It happens all the time. People's excuse for "I don't know what to say" manifests in alienating and awkward behavior. Like that's helpful... A (hopefully) comforting text I sent:

Someone told me that people who have experienced loss are like zebras in a herd of horses. The horses stand around looking at you wondering what the heck you are. Fuck the horses; if they're going to be assholes then hang out with zebras.

I added the last part myself.


No comments:

Post a Comment